Tuesday, May 7, 2013

San Francisco to Amsterdam Tues. May 7

A peek at Keukenhof's splendid gardens

Ok, First Class! The first, and quite possibly the last time I’ll fly in A1, the first seat in First Class on the way from Newark to Amsterdam after a fairly stiff and uncomfortable 5+ hour flight from SFO in Economy. The airline awards the standby seats according to where you are on the placement list and what’s available; I got lucky. The goody bag (containing mini-amounts of toiletries) is a little bigger, particularly the toothpaste--but I could see and smell the galley all night long, as I was right in front of it. It took a double dose of temazepam to knock me out for 5 of the 8 hours. Oddly enough, for me, Business Class is preferable to First...the personal TV is closer, it’s the same menu, and you don't feel quite so isolated. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have that choice in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment