Friday, August 28, 2020

08.26.20 - 08.28.20 - Animals and Gardens

 

Text reads:

August 26, Wednesday

Because there are fewer humans about, there's been all sorts of wildlife sightings. 

Fly! Birds of all types.

2 fox kits playing in a neighbor's back yard on the slide.

A pair on the wall: raccoons, young, bold, curious. 

Rats in my compost, selecting lunch, burrowing in to  make a nest.

A long, skinny Bobcat on a neighbor's deck. Like gold!

The smoke continues but it's cooler today, with a cloud cover. It's difficult to not feel depressed💙😠 or angry. I continue to meditate every day but have stopped exercising.

_____

August 28, 2020

My garden has been a deep source of pleasure and respite for me. But the 8 ft. wall behind is crumbling. The engineer has submitted his report. I wait to see what will happen to my 45 plants, some of which are more than 30 years old.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment