Tuesday, August 25, 2020

08.25.20 - A Little Background

 

 
 Text reads:
Aug. 25, 2020  A Little Background
Covid-19, an often-fatal virus, is raging through the world. As of March 16, 2020, Marin County is in shut-down mode. We are isolated in our homes. We thought it would last a month. It is now August 25, with no end in sight.
We have all become hermits! I miss people. I miss shopping.
We can venture out, with masks on, as of late July. Meetings inside, or with more than 10 people, are discouraged. I see [my old friends] Olav and Dee on Saturday mornings for coffee for 1 hour (outside, at Victoria Pastry in Bon Air Center). Sometimes the "fun gang" (Nick, Patty, Jan, Tony +) at their place in Pt. Reyes or the beach.
I want to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. I book a cabin at Brannan Island for Monday August 17th, 2020. A heat wave is predicted. It is VERY dry. [I had planned to meet my daughter and son-in-law there for a barbecue]
115 degrees in Citrus Heights.
108 degrees Brannan Island
100 degrees Marin County. I don't go to Brannan.
Sat. night, a "dry" thunderstorm with intense lightning.Sat. Aug. 15 - Sun. Aug. 16.
Monday Aug. 17, 2020. The fires begin. Heat remains in the 90s -80s. 
August 24, 2020. Pat's {my son-in-law] sister Bobbi dies in an Alzheimer's care facility from Covid-19.
_______________
The pictures are from Italian wrapping paper, featuring tarot cards. I wish I knew the name of the fabulous artist who drew these.
L'eremita - The Hermit
Le Stelle - The Stars
Il Sole - The Sun
Il Giudizio - The Judgement (or Trial)
La Morte - Death


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment