Monday, May 8, 2023

A GEM of a restaurant: Lados


Eat, drink and enjoy


As a travel writer, I reviewed more than 500 restaurants, all over the world. I always looked for one type of place in particular. There's plenty of good food out there (bad, too; I never wrote reviews for those), but a place that met three criteria was golden: 1. locally owned, 2. amazing food, 3. decent prices. I found one, in the south bay. And believe me, you'd never know it was there unless someone told you about it.

LADOS (115 Plaza Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, Lados Restaurant (ladosfood.com)is a small Pakistani restaurant set in a residential neighborhood in Sunnyvale that's worth finding. You won't find slick decor here, but you will find a place filled with local folks and food that is made to order (yes, you'll wait a few minutes). Two vege samosas ($6.49) are huge and delicious. and the legendary Zinger burger (with fries, $14.99, which is actually fried chicken) is huge - easily enough for two. When I first pulled up to the place, I thought it was closed; the attached business space is for lease, and the door doesn't call a lot of attention to itself. Not many tiny, non-descript eateries get 4.4 stars at Yelp (Yelp review lados, sunnyvale - Search (bing.com), but this one deserves that and more. Nice people, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment